Wednesday, October 31, 2007

CHRISTINE'S BIRD BOOK

















I finished this piece last night, just in time to submit it as my entry for our group show for Point Reyes Open Studios. And I managed to take the photos with my new digital camera, and download the software, so I could put them on my blog. YEA! This is a major breakthrough for me. I am so excited! (Please excuse imperfections--I am still figuring out how to use the camera)
And THANKS to that wonderful Angel of Art Fun----Judy Wise, who inspired me to do this piece in the first place! I think it is going to be the first in a series. It's mixed media................
6.5" x 7"x 12".....acrylic paint, gold leaf, photos of some of my paintings, collage, fabric and feathers on board.
Thanks for checking in!



9 comments:

Judy Wise said...

WOW - what a fabulous book! Wish I could touch it and love it up close. Best wishes for a wonderful showing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Judy - that's one amazing piece of work! And so are all the pictures - see, it isn't that hard once you just start taking the steps. Looks great!

Christine DeCamp said...

Thanks to both of you--Judy and Tammy for your friendship and encouragement! It means a lot to me!
Christine

xxxxx said...

What a gorgeous book!! Truly wonderful. I was glad to see your link to Tina Le Marque's books :-) I so enjoyed reading both of them a few years ago.

zooms said...

Truly beautiful.
i'm glad that you got your camera.

Christine DeCamp said...

She Who Flies: Welcome! Nice to connect with you...think we are on the same page (in the same vortex? who knows?)
Christine

Zooms: Me, too! I have had it for about a month, but have been so busy I haven't had much time to play around with it.
Christine

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, I saw your comment on Tammy's blog about Artaud, that got me curious (when I was at University a lifetime ago, we did a play from Artaud with some friends, weird) . Now I'm discovering your art. Your bird book is really beautiful! A fairy tale without wirds, the birds look mysterious and as if they knew magic.
Great work.
Like your picture with you and the dog:)
Have a great day
Andrea

Unknown said...

PS: Sorry I meant a fairytale (I almost wrote fairytail, sometimes I'm hopeless) without words:)

Christine DeCamp said...

Andrea: Thanks for visiting! I love the idea of "a fairytail without wirds"--it's like a secret, magical language. And, yes, I believe the crows DO know magic!
Christine