Thursday, June 26, 2008

"THE STORIES" SERIES: #2 ON THE WAY TO BECOMING


This is not a great photo of this painting (too bad!) but it also was an older piece, and I no longer have it. The inspiration for this image was the pose of the figure with the ram. Again, I saw it in a magazine---I believe it was a picture of a child holding a goat--and there was something about it that grabbed me. The ram is my zodiac sign (Aries) and the mountains in the background look like parts of California to me. The other parts of the image--the stream running through, the lily, and the white dove in the sky were all intuitive choices. The border pattern echoes the water theme and the eggs in the corners were also an intuitive selection. The idea for the woman's clothing appeared to me during a meditative visualization. The title for the painting came to me as well. A long time after I had finished this piece, I was surprised to read that the rhubrum lily I had included, as well as the egg images, both referred to rebirth.

This painting is 40" x 40" and acrylic on canvas with beading on her clothing and around the border.

1 comment:

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I am enjoying the stories behind your paintings Christine. I always suspected they were an extension of your own personal stories. Thanks you for sharing.