Sunday, December 16, 2007

MORE SHOWS




The last month has just been overwhelming. I did the KPFA Crafts & Music Fair last weekend (Dec. 8 & 9).The prelude would have made a great "I Love Lucy" episode. I tweaked my back as I was loading the truck to go set up---had to buy a back brace, take lots of ibuprofen & apply trameel to the affected area. While I was loading up, my purse got knocked over & my wallet fell on the floor & the phone rang, all at the same time. In taking the phone call, I forgot about the wallet. I grabbed my purse & ran out the door. I had $10 in a changepurse (which got me across the bridge), but I forgot that I also had to pay for parking when I got there. I had to park illegally, run in & find someone I knew (Jane Kiskaddon, my angel of the day) who could lend me enough money for the parking. Then I also had problems unloading & setting up, because of my back. But Gabriele, who was also across from me at the Celebration of Craftswomen, helped me out. Another angel! Once the show started, I did very well, & was able to physically make it through without too much trouble. Thanks to my artist friends!



This weekend was also a little goofy. I hung a show at the Starbucks on Chestnut St. in SF on Saturday. (Images above) Friday night I was getting organized & framing a couple of prints to take, when the power went out. It was out for about an hour & then I was able to continue. I didn't get much sleep, as I was supposed to be there at 5:30 AM, when they opened. I am not so good in the wee hours. I forgot a couple of things, and it took me a long time to hang the show, since I had to use molding hooks & fishing line (ARG!!! What a nightmare!) To make a long story short, I had to make 2 trips into the city to complete the hanging (with a nap in between!) It was an all day affair. But I got it finished & Terrisa, the manager, is such a delightful and positive person---she is a wonder! It looks good (although not perfectly hung) but people seemed to be reacting positively to it. So---onward & upward! By the way, I have 6 originals and 8 prints in this exhibit, which will be on view until Jan. 14.



And, in that same vein.......I have some exciting news that I will share in an upcoming post............stay tuned.

2 comments:

TammyVitale said...

Oh - "etting out there" is always such fun. =] Good for you for,um, hanging in there, and getting it all done. Looks great!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Hi Christine!

I'm visiting from Alyson's blog...
I'm and artist who has been lost in all the fun of blogging for some time now.

How are sales at the art shows you attend? '

I have things in a local gallery...but seems art is slow to move!