Sunday, August 9, 2009

OS GEMEOS MURAL



Os Gemeos (meaning "twins") is the name of two twin brothers from Brazil, who are "so called" graffiti artists. They recently created this mural in NYC & this photo is taken from the article in the NY Times. They have done major pieces all over the world, but this was the first time I had heard of them. I am totally ENCHANTED with their imagery and imaginations--but also blown away with how they are creating these paintings. Yes, it is spray paint, but they have come up with ways of using things like templates to create a hightly detailed and incredible world. There is a slide show on the NY Times website, showing various aspects of this work and also them at work on it. You can see that here. I googled them and there are lots of links with pictures of various projects they have done--also a very profound and moving interview with them which you can see here. Check it out--it is worth seeing! You will be amazed.
In other news, my etsy shop is coming along nicely. I have been working on it since the beginning of July--it seems non-stop. I am getting closer to having it pretty together as a site----but then, of course--your shop is never really DONE. Go here to see my updates. If you have any comments, suggestions or whatever--I would be happy to hear them!

No comments: