Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THANKSGIVING OPEN STUDIOS








The weather was gorgeous all three days--very warm. I had a great turnout of people---I would guess about 200-250 overall. Lots of enthusiasm for my work & especially some of the new pieces. I used some of my brand new Pro Panels (seen in the bottom picture) on a trial run & I am very pleased with how they look and happy that I finally bit the bullet and invested in them. I will be using my whole new booth setup for the first time this weekend at the Celebration of Craftswomen at Fort Mason in San Francisco. Can't wait to see it all set up! (And, of course I am still working on part of it--nothing like doing things at the last minute!)

My Open Studio pictures didn't turn out that well, but you get a little taste. The top one is the entryway--with my deer shrine: Ralph, the plush stag, my painting "Golden Hills", with the non-native deer, and my staghorn fern.

I sold one of my brand new paintings--a gouache on paper called "Forest Faery" which I pictured in a previous post. You can see it here. I actually finished it awhile ago, but it was wrapped up, waiting to be framed---finally finished that part a couple of days before Open Studios.

I was quite happy with this year's event........not my best Open Studio ever, but quite good overall. On to the next show!




No comments: