Thursday, September 20, 2007

FAVORITE PAINTINGS


If you could have any painting you wanted from a museum---to take home and live with, what painting would it be? Hard to choose, I know. But I have always had a "favorite". And that is a big painting by Henri Rousseau, entitled "The Sleeping Gypsy". (If I can find a picture of it, I will add it to this post--DONE! Click on the post title for a link to the image and an article from MOMA about the painting)) It is owned by the MOMA in New York. I saw it there a long time ago (before they remodeled) and it used to be at the top of a stairway--you would come up the stairs & go around the corner--and there it was! Breathtaking. I have always loved his paintings. He created such incredible worlds of imagination--his figures often look a little goofy or strange, but the whole picture works together to create a world.
Image above: "The Bear Den" by Christine DeCamp--Acrylic and mixed media on canvas

No comments: