Thursday, September 23, 2010

FRESH PAINT


I just finished these two paintings this week---have been neglecting my painting a bit while I build up my pottery inventory. These are both acrylic on canvas--the top one is "Reclining Buddha with Fallow Deer" and the bottom one is "Four White Pelicans". It felt good to be into the paint again. I love going back & forth between the two mediums of painting and ceramics. Somehow they feed each other in terms of creative energy. Can't explain it very well--but it feels right.
I will be at the Healdsburg Art Festival this Saturday. The show is set up around the square in old Healdsburg and runs from 10 am to 5 pm. Should be a good show. It is a benefit for the Healdsburg Center for the Arts.
Sunday I will be in SF at the Stonestown Farmer's Market--located behind Macy's in the parking lot of the Stonestown Shopping Center off 19th Ave. near Sloat Blvd. The market begins at 9 am and goes to 1 pm. Come check out my new work!

No comments: