Saturday, March 6, 2010

FRESH PAINT

This painting has been hanging around the studio for AGES---half-finished. I decided it was time to complete it. I have been working on it off & on this week. Once I got going, it came together pretty quickly. Funny how you can get really stuck on something.......Feels really good to break through that. Sorry the photo isn't better--was taken while it was sitting on the easel & the light is not right.
I am calling it "The Real Eve". It was inspired by a painting I love by Henri Rousseau, called "The Snake Charmer". My treatment of the figure was influenced by a photography book I have titled: "Natural Fashion: Tribal Decoration from Africa" by Hans Silvester. Incredible images.
Finishing a painting is a wonderful feeling. I have a stack of small pieces here that are in various stages of development---so on to the next thing.

1 comment:

cathyceil said...

YEA CHRISTINE. GREAT PAINTING, I LOVE THE COLORS AND THE DETAILS, STUNNING GIRLFRIEND. YOU HAVE A FABULOUS IMAGINATION. LOVE, CATHY