Monday, August 27, 2007

Coming Home


Driving home tonite was very inspirational. Fog was rolling over the ridge top, the sun was going down & glinting on the edge of the fog. Just incredible. A big flock of red winged blackbirds rose up in a cloud as I drove by. I had been listening to NPR & all the (bad) news from around the globe. I was flooded with sadness as I thought of our own little tragedy here in paradise---hired gunmen, working for the National Park Service, ruthlessly killing our magical fallow and axis deer. Hopefully, some will survive and the Park will shift their attitude. In the meantime, I am so grateful to be living here, surrounded by such beauty---with the freedom to pursue my desire to paint the wonders around me as I see them. Interconnected---human, plant, and animal----the mystery and magic that is LIFE.
Image above: "Tree House" Gouache on paper by Christine DeCamp

No comments: